Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Lost in Between

Lost in Between Lost in Between by K.L. Kreig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 I see more than you think I do Stars

This is another one of those books that I have no idea how to review, but I am going to give it my best shot. I'm also going to go ahead and put this out there: KL Kreig OWNS me. I will stand by this woman until I physically can't stand. Her words, her characters, just...everything. Everything in her books are perfect. I want to fall into them and live there--as the leading lady, of course. But more importantly, I want to read every single thing I can find by this woman. Okay. I'm done. Now, on to the review.

"People can't love you if you don't let them."

When you're reeling from loss and you just aren't sure if you're good enough, do you collapse into yourself or do you put yourself out there to love? Do you want someone to love you or do you want to hide and ensure no one else can hurt you? What do you choose? Is it a choice? Willow has endured unbelievable pain. She hurts and she doesn't know how to handle the pain.

"For example, you looked a little lost over here, and I thought you needed to be rescued, but I think perhaps I was mistaken."
"So, you don't think I'm lost anymore?"
"No. You're lost, all right. I just don't think you want to be found."

Lost in a world where money speaks and she doesn't have enough to support her only remaining family member, Willow finds herself working multiple jobs--one of which involves spending time with the wealthy. She doesn't enjoy her job, but it does give her the opportunity to help those around her.

"It takes a special girl to open a boy's eyes to what's right in front of him, Willow. But when he realizes it, he'll fight to the death for her and only her. Don't settle until you find that man."

Truer words have never been spoken. The real difficulty is finding that man who will fight for you, the man who will prove that you are worth everything. When crazy circumstances thrust Willow into the clutches of Shaw Mercer, it's possible she's met her match. Finally, someone to challenge her. Or is her just another client? Another wealthy man who is just using her for his own personal gain?

"When was the last time you were good and kissed?"

The fireworks begin before they ever really get to know one another. Accidents happen and sparks fly. And the chemistry?
Off.
The.
Charts.

It isn't going to be hard to stay out of his bed. It will be impossible.

And it will be impossible because Shaw Mercer is the hottest thing in Seattle. Or maybe America. There were times while reading this that my stomach was in knots and my mind was reeling from the things this man would say and do. He's powerful, attractive, and commands attention at his mere presence. He is hard to ignore. And Willow is not immune to him.
Not.
At.
All.

"You feel this thing between us just as much as I do. It's not going away. It's going to spread and thicken until it consumes us both, burning so fucking hot and strong it will never be extinguished."

At this point, just know that you want this relationship, this coupling, this sex to happen. And you want it almost as much as you want to see these two live HEA. Trust me. The pages burn with their intensity.

He looks like sex and candy. And sex. Forget the candy. He looks exactly like sex.

Whether it's a suit or a pair of denim, this man is walking sex. He oozes power and sex appeal. Every word, every move, every look is pure, unadulterated sex.

"Incredibly tempting, but once I slide between those slim thighs of yours, Willow, it will be a long fucking time before I'll be able to make myself leave. And I'll need the energy. I plan to fuck you until you can't think about anything except begging me to deliver your next orgasm."

He has a dirty, dirty mouth. Willow and I have one thing in common here: a weakness for a man who talks dirty. Fuuuuuuck. I don't even have the words to describe it.

He tastes of whiskey and banked desire.

Just. Yes.

"Willow, you with me, beautiful?"

Swoon. Just. Fucking. Swoon. Shaw is swoon-worthy.

There is so much more to Shaw Mercer, but there is almost no way to put it all in a review. So, make a plan to read this book. You need to bump it way up on your tbr. It's that good.

In case you need more incentive, here are some more of Shaw's awesomeness.

"I am going to own you tonight, Willow."

"The only thing I want to hear from that smart mouth right now is 'more, Shaw' or 'don't ever fucking stop, Shaw.' Understand?"

"Open your eyes, beautiful."

"Because, Willow, I want you handing me the reins of control. Willingly, graciously, no reservations, trusting that I won't take anything you're not offering."

"I really love the way I smell on you, Willow. I could get used to it."

"Get on my cock. Right now. Your next orgasm belongs to me."


View all my reviews

No comments: