Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review: Taking Turns

Taking Turns Taking Turns by J.A. Huss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 It's MY Turn Stars

"I get all of this. You. Every bit of you is mine."

Where do I begin with this Huss book? Should I continue to use the same ol' "she always surprises me, which shouldn't surprise me" line? Maybe "this is a total mindfuck that only Julie can deliver?" How about "HOLY FUCK THIS BOOK?" Any and all of these will work, but I want something more for this book. Because let's face it, this book is crazy and intense and hot and every dirty fantasy that no woman will ever admit to having.
"When no means yes and yes means no, Chella, and you say no, then it's on."

I'm not even sure how to explain how I really feel about this book. I don't know how to write this review. How do I write a review about four individuals who all share a love of the darker side of sex? How do I describe the way they interact with one another? How do I explain that this is a love story? Because it is a love story. Despite appearances, despite the depravity, despite the dark.

It.
Is.
A.
Love.
Story.
It only works if we don't fall in love. He knew that going in. It only ends when she quits. And right now, she's still playing to win. The rules are the rules.

With rules to protect everyone, what happens when things start to break down? How long before the game is over? What happens when one of the men falls for the girl? Can love come from an arrangement such as this? Can the perfect partner be found in a quad?
"Did it ever occur to you that there's no such thing as the perfect man? Woman? Relationship? That it's an illusion? People go looking for it like it's a thing. It's not, Chella. Love is not a thing, it's a state of being. And it's so unrealistic to expect one person to be love."

As usual, my world was rocked. My ideas of love and relationships questioned. Does there have to be an underlying reason to want this kind of sex? Does there need to be something dark within to want multiple partners?
"When the four of us are all together, we have no rules."


View all my reviews

No comments: