Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: Preppy: The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Two

Preppy: The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Two Preppy: The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part Two by T.M. Frazier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Preppy, Preppy, Preppy.

Is Part 3 out yet? No. Damn.

Part 2 picks up right where Part 1 ends and TM Frazier sends us moving right off the bat. If you haven't read Part 1, you should probably avoid this entire spoilery review. Seriously, go away now. I'm wordy with reviews as is and considering I can't discuss the happenings in this book without giving away the secrets from Book 1, it's best if you avoid my review until after you've read this series.

I was slow to find the TM Frazier bandwagon. I kick myself every single time I pick up one of her books. King starts this epic series and Preppy is a great way to bring it to a close (assuming it's ending here). I can never decide if I'm happy I got a late start or if I wished that that late start could have been pushed back a bit further so I didn't have to wait for the last Preppy installment. Because the wait is torture.

Which is why, when faced with the fucking end of my life, I spit in the Reaper's face. Because my name is Samuel Clearwater, and I take orders from no one. Not even death.


Yes, Preppy evaded death, but at what cost? What kind of damage does that kind of torture leave behind? Will he ever be the same guy who said his hobby was "Bitches?" That's the Prep I want to see again.

Dre comes back and after that cliffhanger of Book 1 I am glad we get to see more of her. I'm glad we get to see more of Dre and Preppy together. It's all I've wanted to see since I saw the ugly beauty of their relationship. I wanted that story and Frazier gives us more of that.

It's a TM Frazier book so there's death and torture and surprises at every corner. There are drugs and drinking and bonfires. There are kids and love and ink. It's everything you expect from Frazier and more.

Can I have Book 3 now? Okay, thanks.

View all my reviews

No comments: