Sunday, January 15, 2017

Review: Eyes

Eyes Eyes by Veronique Poirier
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this up, but I knew it was a bit out of my typical read. I am always interested in the paranormal and this book offers something new in that regard. I've read vamps and werewolves and faeries and witches, but the Irises are something new.

Now here is where I would love to see more development. As far as I know, Irises can control humans. I also know their eyes change colors based on the emotions they are feeling. That's it. I don't know the history or the whys or the hows. And as a reader--or maybe just as a history nerd--these are the things I want to know. I am the weirdo who loves the backstory. I want to know these things. I am not sure if the author intends to give us more in later installments, but it is something I would have loved to see here.

The characters are flawed, but aren't we all? Alec knows Natacha's secret. It's just too bad Natacha doesn't know it. The truth has been kept from her with the hope that she wouldn't be in danger, but that never really works for anyone. However, it does allow Natacha and Alec to become closer, so there's that little bit of fun.

These two are immediately thrown into some sketchy situations, but that only brings them closer together.

All in all, this has great potential. I'm curious to see where it leads and how Alec and Natacha handle the evil that is searching for them.

View all my reviews

No comments: